Confirmation, together with Baptism and Eucharist, form the Sacraments of Initiation that are all intimately connected. In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is "sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit" and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ. It deepens our baptismal life which calls us to be missionary witnesses of Jesus Christ in our families, neighborhoods, society, and world.
There are three main components for Confirmation:
- Integrated Faith Life – It is vital that children are participating in Sunday Mass and parish life with their families. This instills the importance of faith in their lives.
- Foundational Formation – Preparing for this sacrament is a two-year process with families participating in our parish Family Formation program, YM Sunday nights (sixth grade and up), Catholic School or an approved Home School program. This helps the families add catechesis to their children’s faith formation. Children typically begin preparing for this sacrament in their fourth-grade year. Parents know their children best and we will work with all families who desire these sacraments at any age to develop an effective plan.
- Specific Sacramental Preparation – This occurs in the sixth grade after or consecutive of their second year of foundational formation. Families participate in specific, focused at-home preparation along with a candidate retreat for the sacrament.
Note: Sacraments are celebrated within the context of the parish community. Therefore, all parish families participate in this final step together, regardless of where or how the Foundational Formation is received.
2023/24 school year – if your child is entering the following grade they should be participating in:
4th grade- Foundational Formation (year 1)
5th grade- Foundational Formation (year 1 or year 2)
6th grade- Foundational Formation (year 2) along with Specific Sacramental PreparationConfirmation Walkthrough Sheet
*This registration is only for year 2 candidates. Students in year two have recently completed at least one full year in a Family Faith Formation, Youth Ministry, or Catholic school. This year, students in year two will continue living an integrated faith life, will continue foundational formation, and will complete family centered at-home Sacrament specific preparation for Confirmation.
In addition, your teen will register and attend one of the following in-person experiences:
- Confirmation Retreat (6th -8th)
- Fall Retreat (High School) Oct 13th – 15th.
- [tentative] Winter/Spring retreat (High School) *