The Preschool program at St. Peter Chanel Catholic Church was established in 2003. We offer classes for children 18 months through young 5 years of age.
Each class is led by a teacher and an assistant who are screened and approved by our Church and the Archdiocese. Each staff member is required to participate in continuing education workshops for Early Childhood professionals.
The number of children enrolled in each class is based on the age of the children and the facility space.
Our Preschool strives to foster a love of learning and discovering through hands-on activities in the classroom that encourage children to play, explore, imagine and create at their developmental level, in a Catholic environment.
Our Preschool Program also includes:
• Catholic Seeds – Each month, the children meet in the Church Sanctuary where they learn about important people from the Bible and explore a different item in church (for example, the Tabernacle, the Baptismal Font, etc.). We celebrate Jesus’ birthday in December and remember Mary with flowers in May.
• Music and Movement – Children learn to move and express themselves in our monthly Program. Our Music teacher expands upon classroom topics through song and dance and frequently creates songs just for the children!
• Monthly Enrichment Programs - For example a story teller, a puppet show, science enrichment and live animal experiences.
• Community Service - Bringing canned goods for St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry and supporting other church ministries, are part of our community service opportunities that allow children to learn about helping others.
• St. Peter Chanel Preschool Parent Council – This group of parent volunteers enables all Preschool families to get involved through many events that encourage community fellowship, including Family Fun Night, Trunk or Treat, Play Date at the Park, Daddy, Jack and Me and Mom’s Nights Out.
St. Peter Chanel Preschool is supported by the parish of St. Peter Chanel Catholic Church, serving hundreds of families in our area. Many of these families come to Preschool and find a home at St. Peter Chanel Catholic Church.