The Mission of the St. Peter Chanel Preschool
We offer a loving environment that will enable each child to grow spiritually, emotionally, socially, intellectually and physically. Through the guidance of our teachers and staff, the children will learn about respecting themselves and others, sharing, listening and experiencing God’s love. Our program is designed to build on the child’s learning and experiences at home as well as to expose them to learning in group situations.
Our Program Philosophy
At St. Peter Chanel Preschool, we believe that the preschool years should be a time of joyful learning and exploration.
We believe that children learn best through developmentally appropriate practices that meet children where they are but also challenge children to reach achievable goals.
We believe that children learn best in an environment that is interesting, safe, and nurturing.
We believe that play promotes key abilities that enable children to learn in their own unique way, at their own pace and to practice new skills.
Our Program Goals
- To provide an environment that embraces our Catholic faith and traditions.
- To promote a nurturing environment in which each child can grow spiritually and in all developmental areas.
- To provide a loving atmosphere where children can develop positive relationships with adults and other children.
- To provide a curriculum that is designed to offer age appropriate and developmentally appropriate opportunities and activities that encourage learning and creativity.
- To work with parents as partners, so that each child can feel successful.
St. Peter Chanel Preschool welcomes all children regardless of their race, color, religion, gender or national origin.